George H. Lovett is a founding partner of Lovett & House.
Mr. Lovett brings years of experience and insight to each case that he handles. As a certified expert by the Ohio State Bar Association in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law, Mr. Lovett uses his extensive knowledge to help clients and their families effectively work through legal matters in the areas of Wills and Trusts, Probate, Guardianship, and Medicaid and Nursing Home Planning. Mr. Lovett is also an accomplished lecturer and writer in the areas of Estate Planning and Medicaid Planning, having written and spoken hundreds of times on these subjects. Many of his articles, which offer a wealth of information on Estate Planning and other topics, are available to view on this website.
Mr. Lovett also represents clients in the areas of real estate, business, and civil litigation. Having served as an elected member of the City Council of Tipp City and as the Mayor of Tipp City, and as an active member of the community, Mr. Lovett brings a unique perspective to the issues facing local businesses.
Years of experience, personalized representation, and a caring approach from Mr. Lovett benefit clients and their families, helping them find the best solution that meets their individual and financial needs and goals.
10 out of 10 , on May 15, 2018
They took their time-explained things well-made us feel comfortable. It was more involved than we thought but you helped us understand.
– by R.B.
- Undergraduate attendance, Ohio Wesleyan University (1980-1982)
- BA, Summa Cum Laude, Miami University (1983)
- MA, Ohio State University (1985)
- JD, Ohio State University (1988)
- Ohio State Bar Association (College Member, 1989 to present; Member, Estate Planning, Trust, and Probate Law Section, 1997 to present)
- Miami County Bar Association (President, 2000; Vice-President, 1999; Member, Executive Committee, 1996 to 2000; Chairman, Admissions and Examinations Committee, 1997 -1998)
- Dayton Bar Association (Member, 1999 to present)
- Certified as a specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate law by the Ohio State Bar Association
- ERISA Regulation of Life and Disability Claims, Ohio Trial, Winter 2004
- Tipp City City Council (Member, 2004-2011; Mayor, 2006-2007)
- Board of Directors, Ohio Municipal Electric Association (Member, 2004-2011)
- American Public Power Association (Policy Planning Council, 2009-2011)
- Tipp City Mum Festival (President, 1995-1996)
- Tipp City Rotary Club (Member, 1989-present; President, 1996-1997; Paul Harris Fellow, 2009)
- Tipp-Monroe Optimist Club (President, 1991-1992)
- Tipp-Monroe Airport Task Force (Member, 1999-2001)
- Union-Monroe Water and Sewer Task Force (Member)
- Tipp City Chamber of Commerce (Member, 1989 – Ambassador’s Club, 1991-2004)
- Tipp City Library Board (Member, 2002-2009)
- Tri-County Board of Recovery & Mental Health (Member, 2002-present; Chairman, 2009-2012)
- St. John the Baptist Catholic Church (Lector, 2004-present)
- Miami County Republican Men’s Club (President, 2007-2008)
- Temple Anshe Emeth, Piqua, Ohio (Member, 2002-present)
- Tipp-Monroe Community Services (Advisory Board, 2002-present)